TED talks are about ideas worth sharing! They can teach, inspire, and entertain. Most importantly, they can expose us to a field of knowledge we don’t usually think about.
However, there are a lot out there, and it can be difficult to choose which one to watch next.
The goal of TEDSummaries is to
- Summarise the core idea of the talk into a couple of sentences. If the summary interests you, the talk should as well.
- rate and tag each video, for easy browsing and “what should I watch next”?
- briefly analyse each idea – does it stand up to scrutiny?
In rating a video, the important points are:
- How interesting is the idea?
- How well do they “prove” the idea? Is it convincing?
- Did I learn something, see the world differently, or was I inspired by the video?
I want to learn all I can from TED, and make it easy for others to follow in my footsteps through TED. Please join me on this journey.