Speaker: David Pogue
David Pogue shares “10 things you think everybody knows, but it turns out they dont.”
- Tap “space” to scroll down a page and “shift space” to scroll up.
- The “tab” key allows to skip between boxes in a form you are filling out.
- “Ctrl +” will zoom in on a web page and “ctrl -” will zoom out.
- On a smartphone press “space” twice at the end of a sentence and it will enter the period and capitalize the beginning of your next sentence.
- To redial someone on a smartphone, press the call button and it will bring up the last number you called.
- To skip the voicemail message press:
- * for Verizon
- # for AT&T and T-Mobile
- 1 for Sprint
- On Google type “define” and the word you are trying to define to bring up the definition.
- Double click to highlight a word instead of clicking and dragging.
- On a camera half press the shutter button to prefocus to eliminate shutter lag.
- On a powerpoint presentation press “B” to black out and “W” to white out.